Services | Events | Rotas | History | Location | Contacts
West Dean is a small village (about 110 households) straddling the Hampshire-Wiltshire border approximately mid-way between Romsey and Salisbury. It is served by two MPs, two local government authorities and two local education authorities, with the primary school children attending a nearby C of E school in the Diocese of Winchester in the Hampshire village of West Tytherley. West Dean no longer has its own primary school, shop, post office, public house or vicarage, but still has its Church, Village Hall, Railway Station with good (hourly) links to Salisbury, Romsey and Southampton. The Church, Village Hall, and Parish Council between them organise numerous social events throughout the year.
St. Mary’s West Dean has seating for 80, excellent acoustics, is Grade II listed and was built in the 1860’s to replace a medieval church, part of which still survives as The Borbach Chantry, administered by The Redundant Churches Fund.