St. Peter’s has been a central part of village life for hundreds of years. By tradition, there was a church on the site before Salisbury Cathedral (completed in 1258) was built. Although one wall and the font may date from the C11th or C12th, most of the current structure dates from 1860.
Today, St. Peter’s is a lively church with a good sized congregation. It is open every day for visitors or private prayer. It is now also the home of the Methodist society in Pitton under a Declaration of Ecumenical Welcome signed in 2008. The church enjoys a close relationship with Pitton Primary C of E (VA) School.
St Peter’s Church in Pitton aims to follow the Diocesan Vision of Renewing Hope: Pray , Serve, Grow!